We are constantly trying to figure out how to operate responsibly during this pandemic. We have decided, for the greater safety of our customers and staff, to provide:
- curbside pickup only for bike and accessory purchases -
(we will call you when ready for pickup)
- bike repairs by appointment.
Call 516-364-4434 (main store phone) or text 516-350-8421:
- to place your order
- to schedule a curbside pickup
- to schedule a bike repair
- for questions and help.
Store Hours for Curbside Pickup and Repairs: Wednesday through Sunday 10am - 6pm.
Dear The Bicycle Planet customer,
These are uncertain times for all of us, and we hope that this message finds you safe and well. Governor Cuomo has declared bike shops an essential business, so we will remain open, although with modified store hours. Our plan is to continue serving the needs of our customers while following the guidelines from the CDC and local health authorities. The well-being of our customers and staff is our highest priority. We wanted to take a moment to share some of the steps we are taking to help protect you during your visit to our store.
What we are doing:
- We are no longer allowing customers into the store. We are providing curbside pickup only. Repairs are also available by appointment. We have a vast inventory of bikes available in-stock, ready for pickup, so please call us at (516) 364-4434 for help with ordering.
- We are thoroughly cleaning our store each day, which is what we've always done and will continue to do. And at this time, we have taken additional precautions to ensure we maintain a healthy and clean environment by increasing the frequency and rigor of cleaning, taking extra care to wipe down high-touch surfaces like countertops, credit card terminals, doorknobs and restrooms.
- We are encouraging our staff to take extra precautions, including frequent handwashing, social distancing and staying home if they are unwell.
- All store events, like the monthly maintenance class, are canceled until further notice.
- All group rides, like our Monday night Stillwell rides, are canceled until further notice.
- All bike fittings are canceled until further notice.
What you can do:
- Please touch only what you intend to purchase.
- Please give our staff and other customers space, especially around the service area and registers.
- Let's all save up our handshakes and hugs for later. We still love you, from a distance.
- We encourage you to go outside and ride your bikes, just keep it to yourself or the people you live with.
This is a dynamic situation, and we will continue to respond appropriately as new information is made available.
Please remember that you can always shop on our website and choose free curbside pickup. Give us a call: 516-364-4434 or 516-350-8421. We can discuss your needs over the phone. We are here to serve your cycling needs however you prefer.
We want your love of cycling to be a comfortable escape during a potentially stressful time. We encourage you to take a break from social media and the news to ride your bike. Get some fresh air, a dose of relaxation, and restore a sense of calm.
Thank you for your continued loyalty and support,
Howard and Everyone at The Bicycle Planet
Call us: (516) 364-4434
Visit us: 340 Robbins Lane, Syosset, NY 11791 (across from Lifetime Fitness)
Parking: Plenty of free and uncrowded parking!