Given the warmer weather, and for the greater safety of our customers and staff, we now have many of our most popular bikes set up outside in our enormous parking lot. We ask for your patience during this difficult time as we all deal with delays and situations beyond our control. Our priority is to provide a safe and organized shopping experience for everyone.
Temporary Store Hours: Monday-Tuesday closed, Wednesday-Sunday open 10am - 6pm. *Subject to change. Please be sure to check our website for store hours before you head out.*
You can still shop our website and place an online order for pickup. If you need any product advice or help placing an order, please call us at (516) 364-4434. Howard will be answering the phones on Mondays and Tuesdays while the store is closed.
PS – We know you know this but…it doesn't hurt to repeat...please continue to follow best practices. Wash your hands, stay home if you are sick, wipe down your bike before you bring it in for service, keep a distance from everyone around you. If you have face masks, please wear them. And be kind to one another - that one is from Ellen DeGeneres.
Dear The Bicycle Planet customer,
These are uncertain times for all of us, and we hope that this message finds you safe and well. Governor Cuomo has declared bike shops an essential business, so we will remain open, although with modified store hours. Our plan is to continue serving the needs of our customers while following the guidelines from the CDC and local health authorities. The well-being of our customers and staff is our highest priority. We wanted to take a moment to share some of the steps we are taking to help protect you during your visit to our store.
What we are doing:
- We are thoroughly cleaning our store each day, which is what we've always done and will continue to do. And at this time, we have taken additional precautions to ensure we maintain a healthy and clean environment by increasing the frequency and rigor of cleaning, taking extra care to wipe down high-touch surfaces like countertops, credit card terminals, doorknobs and restrooms.
- We are encouraging our staff to take extra precautions, including frequent handwashing, social distancing and staying home if they are unwell.
- All store events, like the monthly maintenance class, are canceled until further notice.
- All group rides, like our Monday night Stillwell rides, are canceled until further notice.
- All bike fittings are canceled until further notice.
What you can do:
- Please touch only what you intend to purchase.
- Please give our staff and other customers space, especially around the service area and registers.
- Let's all save up our handshakes and hugs for later. We still love you, from a distance.
- We encourage you to go outside and ride your bikes, just not in big groups.
This is a dynamic situation, and we will continue to respond appropriately as new information is made available.
If you choose to minimize your time in a retail setting, please remember that you can always shop on our website and choose free curbside pickup or in-store pickup. You may consider shopping during the weekdays and mornings which are less busy. Give us a call before you come in: 516-364-4434. We can discuss your needs over the phone. We are here to serve your cycling needs however you prefer.
We want your love of cycling to be a comfortable escape during a potentially stressful time. We encourage you to take a break from social media and the news to ride your bike. Get some fresh air, a dose of relaxation, and restore a sense of calm.
Thank you for your continued loyalty and support,
Howard and Everyone at The Bicycle Planet
Call us: (516) 364-4434
Visit us: 340 Robbins Lane, Syosset, NY 11791 (across from Lifetime Fitness)
Parking: Plenty of free and uncrowded parking!