Skip the Lines. Order Online.
- Showroom is now partially open.
- We know it's difficult figuring out the right bikes and accessories when there are thousands to choose from on our website. That's why we put together this quick guide if you just want the "customer favorites" and "staff picks."
- We are entering the Spring season with over 1,000 bikes in stock! Now is a great time to shop. The global bike shortage will continue to be a real thing in 2021. Your first choice model and color may not be available. No worries though...we've got a tremendous number of new bikes arriving every week. Please check back often on our website.
- Help with ordering and questions:
- Call main store: 516-364-4434
- Text: 516-350-8421
Every child is different. The age range and sizes we have provided below are meant as a general guide. Ideally, we would size your child in person and make size recommendations based on their physical dimensions as well as riding ability. We can also adjust the seat height and make other adjustments.
Generally kids' bikes are unisex, with the only difference being color. To view alternate colors available: click on the item and then click onto the dropdown menu under "colors".
Another great reason to buy from us? Learn more about our Kids' Bike Trade-Up Program.
Toddler Bikes (2-4 yr old)
The Specialized Riprock 12 is a great starter bike for your little one. 12 inch refers to the size of the wheel. This bike has coaster brakes and training wheels. Training wheels and pedals can be taken off, so that it becomes like a balance bike. Aluminum frame makes the bike sturdy while lightweight.
Some parents prefer to start their toddlers on balance bikes. Toddlers first start by walking while on the bike, then progress to coasting, which is a fundamental skill before learning to ride two wheelers. Toddlers who start on balance bikes tend to skip training wheels.
The Kettler Happy Navigator Tricycle is also a terrific option for toddlers. It's sturdy, built to last, does not tip over, and comes with a long handlebar when your tired toddler needs a push.
16-Inch (3-6 yr old / 39-46" tall)
Specialized Riprock 16" has coaster brakes and training wheels. Training wheels and pedals can be taken off, so that it becomes like a balance bike. Aluminum frame makes the bike sturdy while lightweight. Giant Animator and Liv Adore are other brands that are also excellent bikes.
20-Inch (5-8 yr old / 45-52" tall)
Specialized Riprock 20" is a great singlespeed bike for kids to make the transition from coaster brakes to a hand lever brake - this bike has both! Also comes with a kickstand. Liv Adore 20" - Cute singlespeed girls bike with kickstand, fender, bell and chainguard. Giant XTC Jr Lite 20" - Geared bike for kids ready to tackle some light trails or climbs. This size bike no longer comes with a training wheel; however, we can install training wheels if your child is still hesitant.
24-Inch (7+ yr old / 51-59" tall)
Specialized Hotrock 24" (available in many colors) comes with a kickstand, 8-speed and front suspension. Front suspension allows for a cushier ride over rocks and bumps, suitable for light mountain biking. Giant XTC Jr Lite 24" - Excellent neighborhood bike, includes kickstand, no front suspension. Liv Enchant Lite 24" is the girls' version. Liv Alight 24" is an excellent girls fitness hybrid for riding around the neighborhood or zipping to school - includes bell and kickstand.
Just Arrived: Liv Enchant 24" Disc features disc brakes at a great price!
26-Inch or 27.5-inch (10+ yr old)
The Specialized Rockhopper, Giant ATX and Liv Bliss (girls version) are entry level, adult mountain bikes (aka hardtails), with front suspension, suitable for street and light trails. But we find that they are great transition bikes for many tweens or teens who have outgrown the 24" bike and are still looking for something sturdy and stable. These bikes have a familiar feel to the 24" bike, with their wide tires, and your teen will feel confident when riding. And they're built to withstand abuse from active teens. Aluminum frame makes the bike sturdy while lightweight. Wheels size can vary based on bike size. However, unlike kids bikes, adult bikes go by frame size, not wheel size. Please click into each bike model for sizing guide. We highly recommend coming to the store for a test ride and sizing recommendations from our staff.
Note: These bikes are in high demand. Certain models and sizes may sell out, but we get new shipments every week. Please check our website often for new arrivals. We recommend adding a kickstand and water bottle holder.
With the current bike shortage, BMX bikes could be a great option for tweens, teens and adventurous adults. Eastern BMX bikes come in several color options - click into each item for availability. New arrival... Haro BMX bikes!
There are many names for this category of bikes: performance hybrid, fitness hybrid, comfort hybrid, commuter, urban, city or "mom and dad" bikes. Essentially these are adult bikes made for versatility on the road as well as light dirt paths. They're great for riding with the kids, commuting, exercise or just riding around the neighborhood. There are endless choices in this category, with many different features and a wide range of price points. Without getting too complicated, these bikes are our top picks for a great bike to ride around with the family.
Here are some accessories that are essential, nice to have or really popular. Installation onto your bike is included.
- Helmets are essential. We always wear helmets when we ride. NYS requires helmets for anyone under 14yo, but we cannot stress the importance of helmets for everyone. For Adults: Specialized Chamonix, Align and Propero 3 are excellent all-around helmets. Specialized Tactic III and Ambush are mountain/trail helmets - they have a little more coverage in the back for extra protection. Specialized S-Works Prevail II is the latest in road helmet technology - it's ultra light and has massive cooling power. All 3 helmets that we recommend come with an additional safety feature: MIPS which dampens rotational impact. For Kids, there's the Specialized Shuffle - Child and Youth sizes.
- Kickstands - Most adult bikes do not come with kickstands. We have recommended kickstands next to the bikes above when applicable.
- Specialized Rib Cage - These cages come in many colors and styles so that your water bottle is in safe reach.
- Specialized Floor Pump is essential to have at home. We recommend you check your tires before each ride to avoid flats. This pump head fits both Presta and Schrader valves. There are other floor pumps with greater capacity or for mountain bikes.
- Specialized Seat Packs (aka saddle bags) come in different sizes and go on the back of the bike below the seat for extra storage. If you're riding a distance away from your home or car, we recommend you carry a flat repair kit: tube, tire levers, multitool, portable or CO2 pumps.
- Multitools such as the Crank Brothers M5 are essential for adjusting seat height (if your seat is not quick release) and tightening handlebar stems.
How to Place an Order
- Shop Online or Call: Make sure the item shows "Availability: In Stock" to avoid delays. Choose "Curbside Pickup" on the product page and add the item to your cart. After your order is placed, we'll email you when it's ready for pickup.
- Questions: Call 516-364-4434 (main store) or text 516-350-8421 (hotline)
How to Schedule a Bike Repair
- No appointment needed. Bike repairs and tune-ups can be dropped off during store hours.
- What kind of repairs? Our mechanics will try to complete quick repairs while you wait. We are now also accepting tune-ups and major overhauls - our mechanics will let you know about turnaround time.
- Where do I go? When you arrive at the store, go to the left side entrance. If there's a line, please wait 6 feet apart from others. If there's no line, please knock on the door and wait. You will need to step about 6 feet into the store to make payment - chip your credit card directly into the terminal or have your Apple/Google/Samsung Pay ready.
- Do you have bikes in stock?
Answer from pre-pandemic: Yes, we have tons of kids bikes (in every size and almost every color), as well as a vast assortment of adult bikes in stock, ready for pickup. We have over 750 bikes in stock so chances are pretty good that we'll find something for you.
Answer now: We still have a lot of bikes in stock, but with limited choice in color and sizes. As you can imagine, the more entry level bikes have been the first ones to sell out. However, we get new bike shipments every week, so check back often on our website for new arrivals.
- Can you tell me what size bike I need?
Yes, we've become really good at sizing people onto the right bikes over the years, and we feel confident we can get you 99% of the way there over the phone. However, no worries, if you pick up your bike, and you find that the size isn't quite right, we can swap out the bike at that time. Our showroom is now partially open for walk-ins. Please note that there might be a wait outside. Also you may not be able to go home with a bike the same day since there is limited availability and they need to be assembled.
- What kind of bike should I get?
By far, the answer depends mostly on where you plan to ride your bike and how often. Other factors like your level of fitness, health concerns and riding goals also come into play. And of course we always try to find the right balance of the best bike for your budget. No matter what, every bike we sell is going to be a great quality bike.
- Do your bikes come assembled?
We were a little surprised by this question because we thought it was a given. Yes, every bike we sell is professionally assembled by our mechanics and given a final safety check before we hand them off to you. Plus every new bike comes with a year of free tune ups.
- What if I didn't buy my bike from you? Can you still assemble it?
Yes, we can assemble all kinds of bikes. However, different brands and models of bikes come in various levels of difficulty. Please stop by for an estimate.
- Can you fix my bike?
Yes, our mechanics are the best! We will endeavor to complete quick repairs while you wait. We are also now accepting tune-ups and major overhauls - our mechanics will discuss turnaround time with you.